BASH and GCC

Kenneth Stailey kstailey at geech.ai.mit.edu
Sun Mar 10 05:24:17 AEST 1991

According to the new pink GnusBulletin GCC 2.0 will support the
RS/6000.  Even though it does not optimize well for RISC gcc will be
nice because it doesn't eat up all the swap space on the machine, it
produces normal-looking error messages (ones that Emacs can step
through), it has the same behaviour on multiple machines which makes
porting easier and the source code is available at little or no cost.

Bash should be an 'easy port' (i.e. 29 head throbbing hours at the
compiler) but I haven't tried and ksh myself.  I ported Emacs by
myself partly for practice and partly just to have it.  The only
problem with my port is that when you resize the X-window it adds a
blank row and column to the bottom and right of the window.  Any
'buggestions' as to why will be greatly appreciated.

@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@- at -@-@
 Disclaimer:  This message is sold by weight not volume;                      |
              contents may have settled during shipment.                      @
@ replys to kstailey at churchy.ai.mit.edu or kstailey at leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov
@ replys to kstailey at churchy.ai.mit.edu or kstailey at leidecker.gsfc.nasa.gov