how big AIX 3.1?

Jason Heirtzler jdh at bu-pub.bu.edu
Thu Mar 21 09:25:48 AEST 1991

Does anyone have any experience running *lots* of users on an RISC-6000
machine (probably model 540 or 550) say, to pick an arbitrary number, more
than 50 simultaneous users?  The more the better!  IBM sales people could
no doubt provide references, but I'd like to hear from a more realistic
cross section, i.e. from you folks.

On a different note, I seem to remember hearing about some limits on the
size of logical partitions, maybe 2G?  Is this correct?  How big can they
be?  Certainly, individual files can't be bigger than 2G, right?

Thanks for your help

Jason Heirtzler           (617) 353-2780       jdh at bu-pub.bu.edu
Information Technology    Boston University    ..!bu.edu!bu-pub!jdh