3003 *.info files are 3001???

Don Buchholz buchholz at ese3.ese.ogi.edu
Thu Mar 28 12:44:12 AEST 1991

So I recently applied (and committed :-)) 3003 to one of our RS/6000-320's.
We had been running 3001 code.

A sincere "thank you" to Steve Roseman for the scripts that a lot of the
mystery out of the install/update procedures.  I followed your lead and came
up with shell scripts that use a lot less disk than SMIT (or effort, if you
select items 1-by-1 in SMIT).

I couldn't help but to notice that *all* of the *.info files were at the
same major.minor.update.build numbers that we were already at.  I did not
force the install/update with '-F', and subsequently made no changes to
these images.  However, I'd appreciate some reassurance that when they
said select "OVERWRITE newer version"="yes" in the PTF notes, they weren't
implying that they would send us an updated product with the same version
number.  Would they?  (The X11rte.obj was also at the 3001 level.)
Should I go back and force the instupdt?

Don Buchholz
Oregon Graduate Institute
buchholz at ese3.ese.ogi.edu