AIX problems

Andreas Kaiser Andreas.Kaiser at f7014.n244.z2.stgt.sub.org
Tue May 14 07:41:40 AEST 1991

 >7) There is some strange limit to number of device attached to
 >SCSI card Basically, if you have internal device attached to SCSI
 >adapter you can only have one or two extenal device per adapter.  It
 >applies in  540 and 530 also in addition to 320.

I cannot imagine a reason for this, but it is obviously not an enforced
limitation. We have both an internal 320 MB SCSI drive and 3 external SCSI
devices (tape, CDROM, 1GB disk) running fine on a 320. Even with a forth
external device, a mechanically identical Tandberg tape drive which did properly

respond but was unusable due to IBM tape firmware peculiarities (such as the
unusual ECC feature), the other SCSI devices ran without any trouble.

 >8) inetd
 >I let my rs/6000 PING EACH OTHER every hour.  That seems to be
 >the only way to keep it running constantly.

inetd running without any problems (connected to 6000, 6150, DOS-KA9Q).

                Gruss, Andreas

 * Origin: kaiser at ananke.stgt.sub.org - Stuttgart FRG (2:244/7014)