sccs & make

Murat Berk berk at blenda.rice.edu
Wed May 8 05:31:37 AEST 1991

In article <S_NLW2C at linac.fnal.gov>, looi at sutro.SFSU.EDU writes:
|> If you have a source file "mod.c" in SCCS,
|> how does the makefile know where to find it.
|> Do you have to make a special notation in the
|> makefile to let the makefile know where to find
|> the mod.c source file for compilation purposes?
|> Example:
|> dummy:   $ try
|> try:     mod.o
|>         cc try.c -o try
|>
|> mod.o:
|>         cc -c mod.c
|>
|> When I run this makefile I get:
|> xlc: 1501-228 input file mod.c not found.

I have to change also to the SCCS directory but the defaults
for my Makefile seems okey.

.f~.o:
        @$(GET) $(GFLAGS) -s -p $< > $*.f
        $(FC) $(FFLAGS)  -c $*.f
        @-rm -f $*.f

.c~.o:
        @$(GET) $(GFLAGS) -s -p $< > $*.c
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS)  -c $*.c
        @-rm -f $*.c

These are my defaults and they don't leave any .c or .f files in the directory.
Also it is transparent you just see the normal compilation messages.
You don't need to get Makefile. Just write make foo and it works. My level is
3018.

Murat Berk