name of RS6000 processor?

Scott C. Kennedy sck at watson.ibm.com
Wed May 8 06:38:15 AEST 1991

 The true name of the RS/6000 processor is ....

P.O.W.E.R. = Performance Optimized With Enhanced RISC

  The place where I found this nugget is the RISC System 6000 Technology
book, (SA23-2619-00) it has articles on the Hardware Overview, Philosopies
of the architecture, Floating-Point Unit, DCUs, SCUs, Micro Channel, I/O,
Serial I/O, Self-testing, VLSI circuit design, Software overviews, compiler
design, and all the "goodness" of AIX.