Configuration of Xstaion under the 3005

Steve Faiwiszewski stevef at bony1.bony.com
Sat May 25 01:22:52 AEST 1991

In article <91139.171244CALT at SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU> CALT at SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU writes:

>Now when I try to boot up my Xstation 120, the following error
>message will appear on the screen of the 120: "Could not connect
>to fileserver." And then going nowhere. As I checked, the x_st_mgrd
>server daemon is currently running on my server.
>
>Ching Shih
>shih at cithex.bitnet
>shih at cithe1.cithep.caltech.edu

Are you running off thinwire or thickwire Ethernet?  We had a similar
problem affecting our thickwire Xstations when upgrading to 3005,
while the Xstations still using thinwire were fine (we're in the
process of converting our thinwire to 10BaseT).  It turns out that the SQE
(heartbeat) function needs to be turned on the tranceiver to work
properly with 3005.  This will be fixed in future release.

Hope this helps
                - Steve -