RS6000 winopen randomly dies

Steve Lamont slamont at network.ucsd.edu
Fri May 10 04:47:30 AEST 1991

Has anyone else experienced this problem under GL on an RS6000 (mine's a model
530 with 24 bitplanes plus 24 bit Z buffer running AIX 3.1 3003)?  A perfectly
normal call to winopen() will dump core upon random invocation.  Invoke the
program again and everything works perfectly.  The code runs like a champ on an
SGI.

I've had this problem on several applications, so I have a hard time believing
that they're all broken in exactly the same way.  Looking at the dumps tells me
next to nothing, since everything that I am responsible for seems to be working
correctly

Any theories?

							spl (the p stands for
							perplexed)
--
Steve Lamont, SciViGuy -- (408) 646-2752 -- a guest at network.ucsd.edu --
NPS Confuser Center / Code 51 / Naval Postgraduate School / Monterey, CA 93943