CU: questions on using cu

Bryan Moore moore at emily.uvm.edu
Sat May 4 00:55:33 AEST 1991

I am using the 'cu' command to connect to a modem and dial
a remote system. An example of one of the commands I might be
using is 'cu -s2400 8021234567' where 2400 is the bps, and
8021234567 is the phone number. I have 8 modems connected to the
system and I never know which one is going to be free, so I can't
specify at any time, when I issue the command the device with an
l flag ( -ltty18 ). So my question is, given this setup,
is there any way I can find out what device I am connected to
after I issue the cu command?

Thanks!

BRYAN R. MOORE          	    |   "Last night I had that same old dream
EMAIL: moore at uvm-gen.uvm.edu	    |    it rocked me in my sleep, it gave me
USMAIL: 12 Waybury Rd. Colchester,  |    the impression the sandman plays for
  Vermont 05446                     |    keeps..."   Larry Norman