logging off from an Xstation 120

John Burton jcburt at ipsun.larc.nasa.gov
Fri May 17 22:35:13 AEST 1991

In article <MLNRA!F at linac.fnal.gov> looi at sutro.SFSU.EDU (W. W. Looi) writes:
>In article <763 at rufus.UUCP> drake at drake.almaden.ibm.com writes:
>>An XStation 120 will "log off" when the last client goes away.  When the server
>>has no clients, it will reset itself and will put up a new window with a
>>"login" prompt.
>>
>>Don't forget the window manager ... you have to kill it, too.
>>

>xkill -all will blow off all xclients and prompt you with the login
>prompt again. I tweaked the /usr/lpp/X11/Xamples/clients/xkill a little
>to include a myni widget for exit confirmation and included it in my
>rootmenu. It works on Xstation and on hft/console.

[...]

perhaps an easier (cleaner) way to do it is to include the line

  "Exit Motif Window Manager"    f.quit_mwm

in the RootMenu menu of you .mwmrc file. Then all you have to do
is move the cursor to the screen background, click the left mouse button
and pick "Exit Motif ... ". Motif will then ask if you want to quit,
which you reply by clicking "yes". If your .xinitrc file is set up properly
(the last line of the file is "mwm") then quiting MWM will also get you
out of Xwindows...

John

| John Burton                                                        |
| G & A Technical Software                                           |
| jcburt at gatsibm.larc.nasa.gov                                       |
| jcburt at cs.wm.edu                                                   |
| Disclaimer: Hey, what can I say...These are *my* views, not those  |
|             of anyone else, be they employer, school, or government|