My GL no longer works after 3005

Robert Seals rds95 at leah.albany.edu
Tue May 14 04:39:58 AEST 1991

I hope I just did something dumb, but after I installed my
(automagically-mailed!!) 3.1.5, GL don't work no more.
Here's the scenario...

- 320, 8-bit hi-perf graphics
- installed 3.1.5 today; the only failing was that the
X server tried to relink but failed, because there is
no program called 'ps_expand'.
- installed the x11 updates
- went to /usr/lpp/X11/Xamples/server, did makeServer; it
linked ok, so I copied the new X to /usr/lpp/X11/bin.
- X seems generally ok, but a program that used to work,
'xmartin' now hangs the server in a big way. even after recompiling.
- gl programs that used to work now either draw on the
root window, core dump, or crash the machine. yum.

So, what did I do, what do I need to do, why do updates always
cause such aggravation!

rob

"Unix has its weak points, but its file system is not one of them." -Chris Torek
	  rob rob at dinner.asrc.albany.edu or rds95 at leah.albany.edu
		I have no idea what the uucp path to me is.