Has GNU stuff been ported?

Ronald S Woan woan at exeter.austin.ibm.com
Wed May 15 23:47:39 AEST 1991

In article <1991May15.035019.10918 at swsrv1.cirr.com> toma at swsrv1.cirr.com (Tom Armistead) writes:
>Specifically - has anyone ported (or know of a port) for the following?
>    gcc    - v1.39
no, though the FSF catalog says that 2.0 will be supported on this platform

>    gdb    - v3.5
no, I suspect this has to do with not having gcc

>    emacs  - v18.56+
starting with 18.56, GNU EMACS provides builtin AIX 3.1 support

>    rcs    - v5.5

Someone here reported that it ported without problems

>Does the RS/6000's AIX come with a debugger other than sdb?

dbx and it's X based counterpart xde are provided.

You might contact Saber and check how their product is coming along...
+ Ronald S. Woan                woan at cactus.org or woan at austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +