CU: questions on using cu

Robin Wilson robin at pensoft.uucp
Sun May 12 06:19:13 AEST 1991

In article <1991May3.145533.26146 at uvm.edu> moore at emily.uvm.edu (Bryan Moore) writes:
)
)I am using the 'cu' command to connect to a modem and dial
)a remote system. An example of one of the commands I might be
)using is 'cu -s2400 8021234567' where 2400 is the bps, and
)8021234567 is the phone number. I have 8 modems connected to the
)system and I never know which one is going to be free, so I can't
)specify at any time, when I issue the command the device with an
)l flag ( -ltty18 ). So my question is, given this setup,
)is there any way I can find out what device I am connected to
)after I issue the cu command?

Have you tried: "~! tty"  ?
|The views expressed herein, are the sole responsibility of the typist at hand|
|UUCP:     pensoft!robin                                                      |
|USNail:   701 Canyon Bend Dr.                                                |
|          Pflugerville, TX  78660                                            |
|          Home: (512)251-6889      Work: (512)343-1111                       |