Compiling kermit on the RS6000

Bryan M. Beck bryan at resource.Resource.COM
Thu May 9 09:01:33 AEST 1991

I just ftp'd kermit for RS6000's (AIX) from watsun.cc.columbia.edu
and I have a few questions for anyone who has done this successfully.

I did get the ck4 version.

I didn't see an RS6000 option in the make file.

What is the proper system to make it for?

I have tried 4 or 5 of the options and I do get it to make and execute but,
When I try to set my line it hangs, sometimes requireing a interupt to get
out. Which promptly drops back to the o.s. Or with other make options when
it hangs it only requires a "\" to get back to the kermit prompt but I get
the message:

/dev/tty1: A system call received an interrupt.
Sorry, can't open line: A system call received an interrupt.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Email all responses please.

Thanks,

Bryan

--
Bryan M. Beck                                       Resource Systems
UUCP: osu-cis!resource!bryan                        Suite 390 2545 Farmers Drive