monitor command for aix?

Peter Van Epp vanepp at newsserver.sfu.ca
Sun May 26 15:17:44 AEST 1991

In <JMAKI.91May25090950 at vipunen.hut.fi> jmaki at vipunen.hut.fi (Jussi M{ki) writes:

>I was just going to announce my monitor program in this weekend.

>I've been making one of a kind monitor for AIX3.1. It's named monitor
>and first level version (v1.01) is available from anonymous ftp-site
>ftp.funet.fi (128.214.6.100) in directory pub/unix/AIX/RS6000.

... stuff deleted

>BTW: Has anybody made a working version of top-program for aix3.1 ?

>Jussi Maki (M\"aki)                        | Internet: jmaki at vipunen.hut.fi
>Helsinki University of Technology, Finland | Bitnet:   jmaki at fingate.bitnet
>Computing Centre                           | Voice:    + 358 - 0 - 451 4317
>Systems Support Division                   | Telefax:  + 358 - 0 - 464 788

    I have sucked a copy across the Atlantic and made it availible for
    anon ftp (after unpacking and running it to make sure I got it
    right!). It is availible from:

    mts.sfu.ca
    login: anonymous
    password: your_id
    binary
    get tsup:monitor-1.01 monitor-1.01.tar.Z

    Note that this is an IBM mainframe (running MTS) so the file name
    gets truncated slightly. As well the wildcard character is a ? not
    a * . Either cd tsup:  followed by ls ? or ls tsup:? will get you
    a file listing if you want one for something (like me messing up the
    file name for instance!). The links into Canada from the  NFS net
    are also only 56K so if some U.S. site would like to pick this up
    as well that would be great!