Debug and error messages in AIXv3 device drivers and kernel extensions

Paul Chamberlain tif at doorstop.austin.ibm.com
Thu May 30 04:31:48 AEST 1991

marc at mercutio.ultra.com (Marc Kwiatkowski {Host Software-AIX}) writes:
[a bunch of things I'm not able to answer]
>	If the conscientious programmer wants to stick to the
>	recommended VPD format, s/he must write her/his own
>	CRC calculation routine, since one was not provided
>	as a basic kernel extension.

I can't argue with the other stuff, but there is a CRC routine
included as a sample in /usr/lpp/bos/samples/ciodd.c.

Paul Chamberlain | I do NOT speak for IBM.          IBM VNET: PAULCC AT AUSTIN
512/838-9748     | ...!cs.utexas.edu!ibmchs!auschs!doorstop.austin.ibm.com!tif