Installing elm 2.3.11 on RS6000

Fred Hucht hm292hu at unidui.uni-duisburg.de
Wed May 8 02:05:41 AEST 1991

In <1991May06.180106.5620 at unidui.uni-duisburg.de> hm292hu at unidui.uni-duisburg.de (Fred Hucht) writes:

>Well, the subject line says it all. Has anyone compiled the elm package on
>the fast and buggy RS6000(/320) ?

>Please e-mail to

>fred at hal9000.uni-duisburg.de

>Thankx...

>Fred Hucht, Physics Departement, University of Duisburg, Germany

OK, here is the solution:
1) Create a new compiler-stanza for bsdcc in /etc/xlc.cfg as described in
   /usr/lpp/bos/bsdport and link /bin/xlc to /bin/bsdcc.
2) Run the elm Configure-script. Tell him to use bsdcc instead of cc at the
   point "...cc options... [cc] ? "
   At the end of Configure do a shell-escape and change termlib to -lcurses.
   End the shell-escape and complete Configure.
3) make it. Some warnings occure, but I ignored them.

I think thats all. Thanks to the following people for the hints:

woan at cactus.org (Ronald S. Woan)

wolf at grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr (Christophe Wolfhugel)

Rune Riisnaes <rune%cimsand.uucp at nac.no> who added: