Porting C-News to AIX V3

Andrew Dawson teexand at ioe.lon.ac.uk
Thu May 30 01:12:37 AEST 1991

I've seen various discussions about the (un)suitability of RS6000's for running
news recently, but has anyone actually successfully managed to port the C-News
distribution to AIX V3.1? We had a go at putting it up recently, but ran into
problems making it compile - particularly with some of the date/time routines.

Before tampering with the code, it seemed sensible to see if anyone has already
done anything in this area.

If anyone has managed a port, I'd be interested in any diffs, hints, problems,
etc.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.
--
#include <std_disclaimer.h>  /* My brain was swiss-cheesed when I wrote this */
JANET:    andrew at uk.ac.ucl.sm.uxm     UUCP/EARN/BITNET: andrew at uxm.sm.ucl.ac.uk
INTERNET: andrew%uxm.sm.ucl.ac.uk at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
"Leapers do it with assistance from neurological holograms"