Installin 3.1.5 (aka 3005) - Minor gripes.

Walter Steinemann walter at hyper.hyper.com
Fri May 17 00:13:30 AEST 1991

Hello fellow AIX users,
   I just recently installed the 3.1.5 tape on our '6000
and it went pretty smoothly.  My only real problem was that
it kept stopping and complaining that there was not enough
disk space.  There was in fact MORE than what the paper
installation notes said were needed.  I tried the -t option
only to be told that now even MORE space was unavailable.
I finally removed all the news from the disk, then things
worked fine [We do not run news on the '6000, but were just
using it to hold the files - they are now on the machine that
runs news].
   One little bug, really only a minor inconvenience, is that
the screen saver that comes up when X is running, displays the
X logo, (looks like ><) has some extra lines on the upper part
of the right side.  I tried to figure out where it finds the
bitmap for that logo, to no avail.  I guess it is in some font
and I do recall that a bunch of font stuff happened during the
installation.
   My only other gripe (so far) is that the default modes of mwm
have changed. (I have to click on the title bar to activate a window
now).  I haven't tried to change this yet, mostly becuase I
don't use that '6000 that often.
   If I find any other problems I will let you know.  If anyone
knows where X finds the bitmap for the screen save logo, I would
like to know.

Thanks,
-- WalteR --
--
Walter R. Steinemann                    HYPERCUBE, INC.
                                        #7-419 Phillip Street
Phone:  (519) 725-4040                  Waterloo, Ontario
email:  walter at hyper.com                N2L 3X2