Configuration problem

Mike Massa massa at aurora.cis.upenn.edu
Sat May 18 07:13:20 AEST 1991

A phantom device keeps showing up in my configuration. When I started
developing my device driver, I called it "proto". I have since moved to
the real driver called "audio". All references to "proto" have been
removed from the ODM database. Yet each time I boot the system, an
entry in the CuDv database for "proto0" appears. I deleted it, reboot,
and it appears again! Even if no card is present in the slot! (and none
of my devices are in the machine).

If I run "diag -a" from the shell, it identifies the device as missing
(denoted by the change status in the CuDv entry). I take the option
to remove it from the system, and the command finishes. The entry in
CuDv is NOT removed, however, and if I run diag -a again, it will again
identify the device as missing again.

Is there some other place that configuration information is stored?

How do I purge this demon from my system?

--
Mike Massa
University of Pennsylvania