Console Windows

Frank J. Edwards crash at ckctpa.UUCP
Fri Feb 15 07:35:59 AEST 1991

In article <QL+&Q^_ at rpi.edu> pateros at ecse.rpi.edu (Chuck Pateros) writes:
>When I use the 3000's console windows (F1, etc.) and login
>to another Unix system (Sun), the terminal seems to act a lot
>like a vt100 terminal, except the arrow keys don't work in
>vi.

What?!  "Arrow keys" in vi?!  That's heresy!!!

Actually, the problem is in the keymapping done for the Amiga console
device(s).  Check the /usr/amiga/lib/kmap directory for other (provided)
keymaps.  They can be changed with:

  $ sioc setkmap <fname>
     or
  $ sioc setdefkmap <fname>

You really shouldn't be using the arrow keys, ya' know?  Most implementations
of vi don't set the mappings properly for using the arrow keys in INPUT mode
(not vi's fault -- I'm not sure they _can_ be set properly).

I'm using /usr/amiga/lib/kmap/usa0 for the program I'm porting which
prefers vt100-compatible.

>Thanks

Your welcome.  Good Luck!

--
Frank J. Edwards		|  "I did make up my own mind -- there
2677 Arjay Court		|   simply WASN'T ANY OTHER choice!"