A3000UX - Born to run UNIX SVR4

Rodney Campbell rodney at solar.card.inpu.oz.au
Wed Feb 6 17:20:19 AEST 1991

barrett at jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dan Barrett) writes:

>In article <KD9+DW- at irie.ais.org> jph at ais.org (Joseph Hillenburg) writes:
>>Why doesn't C= stick GNU-BASH in there?

>	I'll take a guess -- it's too new and largely undocumented.  The
>most recent version (1.05, by my watch) has bugs and comes with no real
>docs.  (Bug example:  type "history".  Core dump.  Yes, we reported it.)

>	More than any other program, a shell has to be bug-free.  Text
>editors and compilers run a *very* close second.  IMHO.

I have 1.05.16 of bash and history works fine. I remember that this bug
existed about 6 months ago and a patch was released.
					   Rodney...
Rodney Campbell	- Telecom Aust |MHSnet: rodney at solar.card.inpu.oz.au
Integrated Network Products    |Snail : 8th Floor, 91 York Street, Sydney 2000.
Customer Applications Research |  or PO Box A226, Sydney South 2000, Australia.
        & Development          |Phone : +61 (0)2 364 3346   Fax: +61 2 262 3813