Graphics on Amiga Unix???

Keith Gabryelski ag at cbmvax.commodore.com
Wed Feb 6 06:00:38 AEST 1991

In article <WARREN.91Feb4125422 at rainbow.atmos.washington.edu>
warren at atmos.washington.edu (David Warren) writes:
>How do you do graphics under Amiga Unix?

You can open a graphics screen and write to the bitplanes.  This is
how /usr/amiga/bin/fractal was written.

>Do you have to do everything in X or is there (now or future) a GKS
>and/or PHIGS out for it?

You do not need to write graphics applications under X but for now that
is the easiest way.  We may supply a graphics library in the future.

>Also, is there any way to take advantage of the blitter from UNIX?

In a hackish sort of way you could open /dev/amiga and write to the
graphics chips.  A windowing system was written to take advantage of
this.

Pax, Keith