Minix on 500?

John Hensley jhensley at isis.cs.du.edu
Sun Jan 13 11:45:58 AEST 1991

Minix should run just fine on that system; in fact it's only recently that
a driver for the A590 was announced in comp.os.minix. Someone else is working
on a driver for the GVP Series II. The point is that the official line is
"a hard drive is not required, or even supported."

Disclaimer: I don't own Minix; I just hang out in comp.os.minix a lot 'cause
I'm curious about it -- just not enough to write my own HD drivers yet! :)
You'll find lots of people ready to answer just about any question on Minix
there, including the original author (Andy Tanenbaum).

John