Developing AmigaOS on AmigaUnix

Kent Paul Dolan xanthian at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG
Thu Jan 17 15:02:26 AEST 1991

We've seen posting in c.s.a.* recently that a substantial part of AmigaOS
development is still being done with cross compilers on Suns.  The question
crossed my mind: now that AmigaUnix is fairly robust, how would it work to
do cross development of AmigaOS (not applications, the OS itself) on the
AmigaUnix instead?  Sure would cut down on network traffic!  Seems like the
ideal development platform.  Is there something I don't know here?

Kent, the man from xanth.
<xanthian at Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian at well.sf.ca.us>