interesting feature on AMIX..

Mark Stuart Mark.Stuart at actrix.gen.nz
Thu Jun 20 04:16:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun18.225518.21818 at pirates.armstrong.edu> cates504 at pirates.armstrong.edu writes:
> That is, indeed, the standard 720K floppy drive that comes std. on all
> Amigas. Under ADOS it will format to 837K, wait...no, no..it's 2.0 OS
> and hence a "FastFileSystem" device, yah, 875 is about right then.
>
> Applied Engineering makes a high density 3.5" drive for the Amiga, under
> ADOS it will format to about 1.5x megs, I believe. I doubt seriously
> that it's accessible from Amix yet it would be a natural for AE to
> write a driver for it.
>
> Jim

Commodore NZ are an interesting bunch, they have 2015 and 3015 1.44Mb
3.5" Disk Drives available for the Amiga (I presume that the 20/30 is
for the 2000 series and 3000 series). I'm not sure if they actually
have them yet, but they've got them yet. Their accounting system
requires that if they order something, it must exist in the system
first (which means when they export all their stuff to a dealer price
list, interesting things creep in :-) ).