A3070 Tape Drive programming

David A. Lesle lesle at NCoast.ORG
Wed Jun 19 20:00:02 AEST 1991

Is there any way to program the A3070 tape drive to read tapes
of lower density than 150M?  I have several tape cartridges with
tar files from a Sun system circa 1989 that I would like to read.

I remember that the Sun had several different devices depending
on which density you wanted to read, but I can't find anything
like that in the UNIX documentation.  I'd like to do this under
either AmigaDOS or UNIX so any help would be appreciated.