Getting Started: Minix on A500

John M. Wright jmw at sdchemg
Sun Jun 2 14:40:11 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun1.215929.20845 at maverick.ksu.ksu.edu> kxb at mpccl.ksu.edu (Karl Buck) writes:
>I'm going to eventually install Minix on my A500, and had a few questions:
>
>1. Where can I get the latest version?

The "latest version" of amiga minix is not officially released yet; the
executables of the kernel and loader are available by ftp from cs.vu.nl.
You need the Prentice Hall 1.5 release to make use of them.
>2. Are hard drives supported yet?

Not in the official 1.5 release; the  latest beta from cs.vu.nl supports
the A2091, the A590, and (I think) the 3000 hard disk controllers.
This version also supports 68020/68030, which the official PH release did not.

>If there is a FAQ listing for this group I'd appreciate it if someone could
>point me to it. Thanks.
Yes, on comp.os.minix, which I suggest that you follow if you are interested
in Minix.  Very little minix-related material appears in comp.unix.amiga.

   John Wright	Chemistry, MS 0314, UCSD, La Jolla,  CA 92093-0314
		jmw at chem.ucsd.edu  jwright at ucsd   (619) 534-3049