U Lowell board question (was Re: AMIGA 3000UX)

Murray John GILBERT s8922967 at ipc07.mqcs.mq.oz.au
Mon Jun 24 22:02:20 AEST 1991

In article <272.filbo at deeptht.santa-cruz.ca.us> filbo at deeptht.santa-cruz.ca.us (Bela Lubkin) writes:
>Dennis O'Connor wrote:
>
>>For Example : IMHO 1K by 768 is wasted on anything less than a
>>20" monitor like the Mitsubishi Diamond Scan I view as a write
>>this missive. Said monitor costs $2000.
>
>Come now.  Maybe your eyes are that bad; mine certainly aren't.  This
>is being written on a 19", 1280x1024 greyscale monitor on which I can
>*clearly* distinguish single-pixel differences.  The "/" character in

I'd like to echo that. The Sun IPCs that I use at uni (which I am logged
onto right now via modem (Maestro 2400ZXR) and JrComm) are 16" beasts
with resolution of 1152x900 and I can just distinguish individual pixels
but no more. I get the impression that 1024x768 on a 20" monitor would
look just a little 'grainy'. I prefer to look at the stuff on the screen
and not be noticing the jaggies on it (or scan lines for that matter).
That's I suppose why the Mac originally (512x342 res) came with a 9"
screen - so that you'd think that it was real hires even though it wasn't
really anything special (yes there was also the 72dpi screen to printer
thingy).

si ya, Murray

Murray Gilbert  s8922967 at mackay.mqcs.mq.oz.au

"Hands off the Antarctic!"