U Lowell board question (was Re: AMIGA 3000UX)

Brett Bourbin brett at visix.com
Wed Jun 12 00:23:43 AEST 1991

In article <448 at netxcom.netx.com>, logan at netxcom.netx.com (Jim Logan) writes:

|> Please note the Followup-To line!!!

Ok, Ok, I did.

|> I'm still not 100% sure that the U Lowell board will work with my
|> 1950 monitor.  Does anyone else know?  Commodore?

Well, I am not from C=, but I have been told by a person very involved with
the AMIX project that the 1950 will work with the U of Lowell card, but only
in 800x600.

|> I'd love it if I could get 1024x768 (or whatever the highest
|> resolution of the board is) on my 1950 monitor with 256 colors.
|> I realize that the monitor only provides 800x600, but it seems
|> that the board should be able to display the 1024x768-pixel image
|> on my lower-res monitor.  Not every dot will be mapped to one RGB
|> cell on my monitor, but it should still look okay, right?  I
|> heard a rumor that you can change the oscillator for the type of
|> monitor you want to use.  I hope it's true.

I don't know, it doesn't seem likely. What I would like to see is support for
the Lowell card in AmigaDOS. I'm sure the wizards at C= could make it work,
if they weren't so busy.  8^)

--
                                __
  Brett Bourbin          \  / /(_  /\/   11440 Commerce Park Drive