A3070 Tape Drive programming

Jean-MarcPorchet jmpor at dynam.UUCP
Fri Jun 21 03:21:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun19.171335.4227 at news.media.mit.edu>, Masaru Sugai writes:

>   If AmigaUX is to be release as a software product and A3070 is the only
> officially supported tape driver, many users would be no choice but to buy
> this drive, even though there are no support for AmigaDOS. Methinks the
> advantage of Amiga is powerful hardware and rich PDS, and it's quite
> wasteful for both us and CBM not to release programming info at large.
> Or should I have opted for WangTek or Archive ? But I might have hassle
> in case of AmigaUX as well.  I would like additional doc for my A3070 too.

  I think you can use the drive you want at long it can read and write
QIC 150 cartridges. At the moment I use a WANGTEK 5150ES and it work
perfectly well under unix and AmigaDos.

Under Amigados I use the TapeStore Program from GVP, latest version work
on the A3000 and with the A3070.

--

PS : forget my bad English, I'm still trying to learn it
Jean-Marc PORCHET                                    Phone : 41 22-754-1733