X11R5 for AmigaUNIX ?

Rob Healey rhealey at kas.helios.mn.org
Sat Jun 8 10:50:46 AEST 1991

In article <9106042316.32.4 at SYSOP> sysop at insider.zer.sub.org writes:
>I've just found this in a local newsgoup...
>>                         X 11 Release 5 from Japan

	The Janpanese are pulling your leg slightly here. X11R5 will
	NOT be officially available from MIT till at least mid summer,
	if OMICRON releases it any sooner MIT will probably be "upset"
	to say the least...

	Amiga will probably have the clients/libs as soon as someone
	ftp's the official release code from MIT after they release it.

	The server? Maybe we should settle for a good R4 server first, much
	more likely to happen... R5 mostly adds scalable fonts and font
	servers, not much user visable difference betwixed an R4 and R5
	server from what I hear.

		-Rob