SCSI tape drive

sysop at insider.zer.sub.org sysop at insider.zer.sub.org
Thu Jun 13 04:17:49 AEST 1991

> 	Does anybody know if the SCSI tape unit, 3070, is
> 	capable of doing 60M format reads? Damn inconvenient if the
> 	hardware can't... Will UNIX support a SCSI tape unit, Archive
> 	maybe, that WILL do 60M/150M?

Actually, I can't speek for the streamer C= uses in the 3070, but normally
most of the 150Meg SCSI streamers using QIC150 format will also read 60 Meg
tapes. And, the driver couldn't care less, as all this is done by the drive.
The Software only sees the raw data comming from the drive.

With my Cipher, I have absolutely no problems reading 60Meg Apollo written
Tar tapes (under AmigaDOS, still waiting for the current AmigaUnix
release...)

Amiga - What else ? |  Garry Glendown  The Insider HST/V32b +49 (0)6621-77923
	   //       |  UUCP: cbmvax!cbmger!insider!garry  Fido: 2:243/43.999
	  //        |        garry at fulmin.rhoen.sub.org   Garry at DGIHRZ01.BITNET
	\X/         |  Zerberus: SYSOP at INSIDER.ZER

---
   SysOp @ INSIDER    --    Am Anfang war das Wort ... und dann kam TeX!