interesting feature on AMIX..

Sri-Man aru at mentor.cc.purdue.edu
Wed Jun 19 01:48:50 AEST 1991

I was looking through the docs about formatting floppies and stuff, and right
before it they were talking about mounting filesystems.  On the Amiga, this
means that we could mount a file system on the floppy, and this would definitely
be a selling point for universities and educational facilities because you would
be able to mount a filesystem for a user and that user can take his file system
home with him.  (hey, that would take care of quota problems!!)  Solve a lot of
problem in terms of disk usage on the system.

This is most likely a very dense question, and I have not had a chance to take
a look at other Release 4 systems.  So here goes. Is there such a feature on the
Unix boxes for the 486's??  I'm just looking for a selling point, so I can
convince others at the CS department to buy it.

Commodore guys:

Hey, are 1.2meg floppy drives standard on the AmigaUX?  For some reason I think
I only got the regular 800K drive.  On AmigaDOS I tried to format a floppy but
it only gave me 875K rather than 1.2K.  Just wondering....

	Yours,
	Sri
	aru at mentor.cc.purdue.edu