File system types

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Thu Mar 28 15:27:18 AEST 1991

	Is is possible to use the ufs file system as the root file system?
	Will a tape installation allow you to choose which file system
	you wish to use and to partition the disk as well?

	I have worked with 386, boo hiss, SVR4's at work and as part
	of the tape installation they ask what file system types you
	want to use as root /usr /home etc. and also let you set up
	your own partitioning if you think the defaults stink, which
	they do...

	My shiny new A300UX is "in the mail" so I'm curious as to how
	painful it will be to set it up like I want it rather than
	how C= feels I should want it... And yes, I ordered the 150M
	tape unit at the same time as the main unit.

		Thanks!

		 -Rob

Rob Healey                                          rhealey at digibd.com
Digi International (DigiBoard)
St. Louis Park, MN                                  (612) 922-8055