Amiga 3000UX, X, OpenLook, Motif, Color, A2410, Etc. (somewhat long)

Robert I. Eachus eachus at aries.mitre.org
Fri Mar 22 05:13:24 AEST 1991

In article <IP4ABRB at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:

   The NeXT was released with rev 0.9 of the O/S. At some point you have to
   shoot the developers and ship something.

    Don't know about you, but the first (and I hope only) NeXT
machines we got were running 0.8.  0.9 was a big improvement, and we
now have 2.0 installed.  Acording to John Kordash in the Research
Computer Network support center here, Mach 2.0 on a 68040 (upgraded
motherboard in a cube) feels to the user somewhere between a Sun-3/60
and and original SPARCstation.  To me that is really damning with
faint praise.
--

					Robert I. Eachus

with STANDARD_DISCLAIMER;
use  STANDARD_DISCLAIMER;
function MESSAGE (TEXT: in CLEVER_IDEAS) return BETTER_IDEAS is...