second thoughts on buying a 3000UX

Adam Hill hill at evax.arl.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 5 21:30:31 AEST 1991

In article <1229 at amix.commodore.com> ag at amix.commodore.com (Keith "Cheese Whiz" Gabryelski) writes:

>We are looking into using the blitter for operations that it is suited
>for.  There is no reason for us to use the blitter in operations that
>would only run slower with it [`DUH' sound goes here].

  HEY KEITH!!

   I know what we need to show those SPARC-A/UX-AIX-Sequent people.
   The perfect use of the blitter under X is:

     64 color animated POINTERS!!!!!!

   Imagine a 64 color 3D image of the object of your choice.
   A Bill The Cat rotating in random directions, THWPTT!! 'ing you
when you click on it... Now if you could hook it into the Paula under
X you could have this nifty sound that goes like.......

Nahhhhh Never mind...

 adam hill --  hill at evax.uta.edu
     I programmed for three days          Make Up Your Own Mind.. AMIGA!
     And heard no human voices.              Amiga... Multimedia NOW!
     But the hard disk sang. - TZoP              Born To Run SVR4