Amiga 2500UX ??

David Kessner david at kessner.denver.co.us
Tue Mar 5 15:46:15 AEST 1991

In article <18337 at cbmvax.commodore.com> kevin at cbmvax.commodore.com (Kevin Klop) writes:
>My Amiga Unix machine is a 2500/030 with 200 Megs of Hard Drive space,
>5 megs of RAM, one floppy drive, and a SCSI Tape Drive.  Works fine.
>
>Kevin Klop		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!kevin
>Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

Hmmm.  We have used several A3000's running UNIX.  It seems that 8 meg FAST
RAM and 1 meg CHIP is JUST BARELY ENOUGH...  With 4 meg FAST, and 2 CHIP it
is swapping several meg of virtual memory (once Openlook is brought up).

I have not used Amiga UNIX for an extended period of time-- so how do you
put up with 5 meg of RAM?  Isnt compiling a bare/slow?

					- David K

--
David Kessner - david at kessner.denver.co.us            | do {
1135 Fairfax, Denver CO  80220  (303) 377-1801 (p.m.) |    . . .