Rumor Mill time!

Jim Burnes - 235-7444 jburnes at swbatl.sbc.com
Fri May 31 08:52:57 AEST 1991

rhealey at digibd.com (Rob Healey) writes:
> 	Local Amiga User group rumor mongers dredged up an interesting
> 	tidbit recently. Seems the A2410 will be available RSN (Ya, right
> 	and I got some wonder bridge stock opportunitys for ya too...) and
> 	it will list for ~ $1500.00; OUCH!!! That's half the cost of a
> 	3000! Can anybody confirm/backup/"I heard that too" on this
> 	rather STEEP price? I was suspecting something in the $600.00-$900.00
> 	range max. Does this thing come with gold lined PCB's or something?

Well....it might seem a bit high until you realize that it is an entire
computer unto itself.  It has a TI 34010 graphics coprocessor that can
be programmed in C.  In fact theoretically you could load almost the
entirety of Xwindows into it.  This speeds up hi resolution graphics
nicely.  $1500 is the list price remember.  Anyway...I will be getting
one in a few days for evaluation purposes and will post my opinions on
its quality.

Have a good one.

Jim Burnes

Jim Burnes, UNIX SysAdmin          ! "The Nineties
SWBell Advanced Technology Labs    !    are gonna make the Sixties
(314) 235-7444                     !       look like the Fifties..."
jburnes at swbatl.sbc.com             !   author unknown...