How do you change fonts on A/UX?

Bradford L Knowles blknowle at uokmax.UUCP
Wed Aug 24 07:31:42 AEST 1988

In article <3409 at Portia.Stanford.EDU> mouser at portia.stanford.edu (Michael Wang) writes:
>Is there anyway to add more fonts to the A/UX System file?  I would like to
>add a better version of the Monaco font that has a zero with a slash
>through it and a lowercase l ('L') that doesn't look like an uppercase I
>('i').  I tried copying the file /usr/lib/mac/System onto a floppy and
>modifying the System file with the Font/DA Mover, but when I copied the new
>file back to the A/UX system, the program term didn't recognize the new font
>changes.
[...stuff deleted about the possible problem...]

>-Michael Wang
>
>| ARPAnet, CSNET, BITNET, Internet:  mouser at portia.stanford.edu             |
>| UUCP:  ...decwrl!portia.stanford.edu!mouser          AppleLink:  ST0064   |

I thought that Monaco was one of the four fonts that were included in
the ROM on the Mac II!  Am I right?  To see if I am, try using some
word processor under MacOS with the Monaco font.  If your modification
shows up, them I'm probably wrong.  If I'm right, you may have to change
font id's or something bizarre like that.  I seem to remember a piece in
an old issue of MacUser that told someone how to modify their system to
use their modified Chicago font, so this might work similarly--I'll try
to find it and get back to you.

-Brad Knowles

UUCP: ...!ihnp4!occrsh!uokmax!blknowle     ARPA: blknowle at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu
SNAIL: 1013 Mobile Circle
       Norman, OK  73071-2522

Disclaimer: (The above opinions are my own.  They have nothing to do with the
		Univeristy of Oklahoma nor intelligance of any sort. :-)