How do you change fonts on A/UX? (SOLUTION)

Michael Wang mouser at Portia.Stanford.EDU
Wed Aug 24 19:00:46 AEST 1988

In article <3409 at Portia.Stanford.EDU> I write:
> Is there anyway to add more fonts to the A/UX System file?  I would like to
> add a better version of the Monaco font that has a zero with a slash
> through it and a lowercase l ('L') that doesn't look like an uppercase I
> ('i').
[ stuff deleted ]

Thanks for all the help with my problem of installing fonts onto the A/UX
System file (special thanks to Mike Chow, Marc Kaufman, and Phil Ronzone).

This is how I finally did it:

1) Renamed my modified Monaco font with ResEdit so that I wouldn't have
   to muck around with installing ROv# resources and such.

2) Copied my font and Font/DA Mover 3.6 onto my A/UX disk using the
   wonderful StarNine Utilities package.

3) 'Launched' Font/DA Mover and installed my font!

Thanks again!

-Michael Wang

| Michael Wang  |  Stanford University, Stanford, CA  94305                 |
| ARPAnet, CSNET, BITNET, Internet:  mouser at portia.stanford.edu             |
| UUCP:  ...decwrl!portia.stanford.edu!mouser          AppleLink:  ST0064   |