X available for A/UX?

Phil Ronzone phil at Apple.COM
Tue Aug 2 03:26:27 AEST 1988

In article <112 at obie.UUCP> wes at obie.UUCP (Barnacle Wes) writes:
>> ... and I know that A/UX
>> version 1.1 will include X11, but is there anyway I can get X11
>> now for A/UX 1.0?
>This would be pretty tough.  The current implementations of X-windows on
>System V require "streams," which are part of System V Release 3.  A/UX
>is a System V Release 2 port, and thus does not have streams. ...

I do despair folks, I surely do. Sigh ... Anyway, A/UX 1.0 has streams.
Yes, A/UX is SVR2 based. Emphasis on the word based. We also have AT&T
based streams in it. We not only have streams, but X11, and not only
X11, but color X11 that somebody has ported Magic onto (no, Apple is NOT
going to be distributed Magic - it was just ported). Runs fine ...
Sorry to say - no X11 for A/UX 1.0, ya' gotta upgrade to 1.1. (among other
things, the ADB driver is streams based).