X available for A/UX?

William Roberts liam at cs.qmc.ac.uk
Fri Aug 5 02:08:16 AEST 1988

In article <15012 at apple.Apple.COM> phil at apple.apple.com.UUCP (Phil Ronzone) writes:
>I do despair folks, I surely do. Sigh ... Anyway, A/UX 1.0 has streams.
>Yes, A/UX is SVR2 based. Emphasis on the word based. We also have AT&T
>based streams in it. We not only have streams, but X11, and not only
>X11, but color X11 that somebody has ported Magic onto (no, Apple is NOT
>going to be distributed Magic - it was just ported). Runs fine ...
>Sorry to say - no X11 for A/UX 1.0, ya' gotta upgrade to 1.1. (among other
>things, the ADB driver is streams based).

If anyone is interested, X11 builds fairly happily on A/UX if
you use the BSD Makefiles: the BSD compatibility isn't that bad
when used in conjunction with the X11 "don't use whizzo features"
approach to portable software.

Will there be anything for A/UX or Mac II in the X11R3 contrib
tape?  Would Apple turn nasty if I offered to put something there?
--

William Roberts         ARPA: liam at cs.qmc.ac.uk  (gw: cs.ucl.edu)
Queen Mary College      UUCP: liam at qmc-cs.UUCP