m_expand & /usr/lib/big

a.e.mossberg aem at ibiza.Miami.Edu
Wed Dec 7 06:21:59 AEST 1988

In <5861 at hurratio.tde.lth.se>, <perf at tde.lth.se> wrote:
>1. I keep getting a strange error-mesage on the console:

>	"m_expand returning 0".

>   Anyone knows what it means?

Page 6-17 of A/UX Release Notes 1.0 -
	Someone tried to allocate mbuf buffers twice. Also caused when the
	IPC code cannot get additional memory for buffers. Add physical
	memory or reduce use.

We get the error all the time when using rlogin or telnet while also having ftp
connections open.

>2. In /usr/lib/big there are versions of cpp, c0, c1, as, ld and
>   optim. cc -B /usr/lib/big/ works fine for programs that are so
>   large that I get symbol table overflow. But I can't find any
>   documentation. Does anyone know what the differens is
>   between these files and the normal /lib/cpp etc.?

That's exactly what they're for--programs too big for the standard cpp c0 c1 etc.

aem
a.e.mossberg    -    aem at mthvax.miami.edu    -    aem at mthvax.span (3.91)
Support the international boycott against South Africa!