Disk partitions: autorecovery, aux-root, swap, etc.

Herb Barad barad at rampart.tulane.edu
Tue Jul 12 04:16:28 AEST 1988

I have a Dataframe 150XP and I've set it up for A/UX.  I did this
using dp and created only 1 partition: the A/UX root partition.

I did not create any autorecovery, eschatology, Mac_HFS, or swap
partitions.  I've heard from SuperMac that their current driver
does not support Mac_HFS partitions (please inform me if I'm wrong).
This doesn't bother me that much, but I don't have other
partitions like swap and the eschatology partitions.

How do I create these?  I can make a tar tape and save what I've got.
Do I have to reformat the disk?  How big do each of the partitions
have to be?

If I don't have a swap partition, does this imply that I'm not taking
advantage of virtual memory?

Has anyone formatted their own A/UX disk (especially a Dataframe)?
How did you make the different partitions.  I finally have the manuals
now, but the description of dp(1) is not too clear regarding
partitioning strategy.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
--
Herb Barad	Electrical Engineering Dept., Tulane Univ.
INTERNET:	barad at tulane.edu
USENET:		barad at tulane.uucp