MAC II ROM Upgrade

Les Kay cheeser at dasys1.UUCP
Mon May 2 19:20:52 AEST 1988

In article <1227 at uokmax.UUCP> rob at uokmax.UUCP (Robert K. Shull) writes:
>In article <4050 at dasys1.UUCP> cheeser at dasys1.UUCP (Les Kay) writes:
>>other tasks, can very easily require more than the what, 14 megs the system
>>can handle now.
>I was under the impression that the 1 meg per slot limit was only under
>Mac OS, and that everything worked OK under A/UX. National Semiconductor is
>supposedly shipping their boards for use with A/UX, so I assumed it would
>work (misrepresentation?) Anybody know if this is true?

I stand corrected, yes, under unix, the MAc can utilize more than one meg
per card, it is in the native environment that it needs the ROM upgrade to
do it. But, I have laread seen a situation arise where the amount of ram
without the upgrade roms was not enough in the native mode, so the comment
is still valid. You just don't need to upgrade for unix is all.