Bigger Drives from Apple for A/UX????

David O'Rourke dorourke at polyslo.UUCP
Tue May 24 17:35:38 AEST 1988

In article <10934 at apple.Apple.Com> phil at apple.UUCP (Phil Ronzone) writes:
>The cost would have been UNBELIEVABLE. And it would have taken years.
>The A/UX documentation set, at 6,000+ pages, is more than ALL OTHER
>Apple documentation for COMBINED. We would have dearly loved to have it
>all rewritten.

   So Apple hod to lower it's standards in order to bring Unix to the
Macintosh.   :-), :-) :-) :-)

   No think it was a wise decision not to spend the time changing the Unix
man pages, after all I've come to know and hate those pages with a passion.
It would dissapoint me if they were different.  Unix isn't suppose to be better,
it's suppose to be a standard.  Besides I'd rather see MPW 3.0 this year
rather than an Apple quality unix man page.

--
David M. O'Rourke

Disclaimer: I don't represent the school.  All opinions are mine!