... how do you copy in/out from HFS disks?

Hernan'Jackie' Macapanpan jackie at Apple.COM
Tue May 10 03:49:27 AEST 1988

In article <126 at tulane.tulane.edu>, barad at tulane.tulane.edu (Herb Barad) writes:
> In article <4522 at hoptoad.uucp> gnu at hoptoad.uucp (John Gilmore) writes:
> >jackie at Apple.COM (Hernan'Jackie' Macapanpan) wrote:
> >> [a load of bull]
>
> >... this is what Jackie's "5 pound bag"
> >was about.  Apple should really put someone on this newsgroup who can
> >do more than read the [wrong part of the] manuals and quote them to you.
> >(Admittedly, reasonable people have posted, but Jackie's misinformation
> >seems to be the default.  Maybe Apple doesn't realize how bad this makes
> >them look on the net?)
>
> I also feel the same way.  A/UX is new and some things about it are
> causing mass confusion.  I really feel that Apple should put only
> "expert" people on the net able to concisely and correctly answer
> the question - those people have been invaluable - Jackie is not!

Hello,

Hi, I'm Jackie (the evil twin brother alien UNIX type who doesn't know
anything about A/UX :-) ) I need to make sure that all you kind folks out
there know that Apple didn't "assign" me to be reading  and answering the
news. I read the news on my own, cause I like it. I like helping when I
can, I'm just a helpful kinda guy I guess.

Sorry about the misinterpretation of the file access question. My gosh, I
guess I get mixed up too :-). There are applications out there that are
accessing files across Macintosh and A/UX operating systems. I don't know
how they do it (Oh no!, I don't know! ;-)).

Please remember, I always say, "Hope this helps", at the end of my postings
and it means just that. I hope the information that I give helps, it doesn't
mean that I am the all knowing A/UX guru of time and space :-) )

I also want to thank the many folks who have already sent me letters of
thanks and encouragement. (I first read them and didn't know what was going
on until I read the news! 8-( ) Thanx.

Hope this helps.

 Disclaimer: I works heres, buts theys don'ts knows I's cans types. :-)
	Whats I's says iss nots necessarilys whats mys employers says. :-(

Hernan 'Jackie' Macapanpan			      amdahl \
Technical Communications/A/UX Hotline		  pyramid!sun - apple!jackie
Apple Computer, Inc. (408) 996-1010		      decwrl /