number of simultaneously open (buff

Richard W. Fortier rfortier at palladium.UUCP
Mon May 23 22:55:33 AEST 1988

In article <10744 at apple.Apple.Com> phil at apple.UUCP (Phil Ronzone) writes:
>So, did I say something wrong or forget to use my mouthwash when I sent that
>article?

I'd like to add my vote of confidence to the others.  I think you are
doing a terrific job, Phil; don't let the flames of those who are
incapable of understanding that a first release is not the last
release get you down.  Also, the restraint with which you respond to
undeserved (or even deserved) flamage is a credit to you and to Apple.

>ALTHOUGH WE CAN'T PROMISE
>ANYTHING BECAUSE PRIORITIES CHANGE AND SOMETHINGS THINGS BECOME UNFEASIBLE,
>ANY THUS MAYBE WE'LL NEVER EVER DO IT ANYWAY, we have decided to try/look into
>making HFS filesystems supported under A/UX by mounting them.

Of course you can't promise this; it will take considerable effort and
expense to implement it, a "real world" constraint that many of the
flamers neglect (or even refuse) to take into account.  At least you,
as Apple's representative, are listening; more than you can say for
most of the other companies.

Keep up the good work.
--
---
Richard W. Fortier, Epoch Systems Inc. (617) 481-3717