Process table

Antonio Ordonez antonio at Apple.COM
Tue Nov 22 10:30:19 AEST 1988

In article <261 at berlin.acss.umn.edu> grg at berlin.acss.umn.edu (George Gonzalez) writes:

>We are getting the message:  Proc: Table is full.
>
>Evidently, we have run out of space in the process table?
>We need to have about 100 background processes for our application.
>Is there any way we could configure A/UX so that we can have this?

Yes, you can use the kconfig utility.

In oder to look at the current values you can type the command
kconfig -avn /unix

To change the value of NPROC (which is set to 50 by default) type

kconfig -n /unix  (this will give you a new line with no prompt)
NPROC=num_proc    (substitute num_proc by the number you want, 100 should do)
cntl-D            (this will end the input mode and give you a prompt back)

more information on this is in the A/UX System Administrator's Reference
manual under kconfig(1m) page 4.

>Also, when a process forks, is the text area shared?  The A/UX
>linker does not have any option to enable this.

The cc compiler allows you to create shared text area if you compile a
program with the -n option

Again, more information can be found in the A/UX command Reference (A-L)
manual under cc(1) page 4

Hope this helps

#include <disclaimer.h> 	/*  I'll think of a better one later  */
Antonio Ordonez				 	      amdahl \
Technical Communications/Direct Response Center	  pyramid!sun - apple!antonio
Apple Computer, Inc. (408) 996-1010		      decwrl /